Monday, June 21, 2010

It's not CONGRATES!

This was something I should have done a long time ago, but didn't coz I was a nicer guy a year ago. One year into professional life and you realize what a waste of time it is being nice to dumb-asses. So here it is, my rant of the day.

It's with people f***ing up words that they should not f*** up ever! Words like 'Congrats'. The next person who posts a wall post or a comment saying 'congrates' will be publicly whipped, I promise.

I do not claim to be Oxford educated, I have my own typos/genuine mistakes etc. But then if corrected, I do make an effort to change. But here we have stubborn freakos who want to 'congrate-ulate' me or others I know without knowing how to spell 'congrats' in the first place.

What's the harm in typing 'well done' or 'badhaaiyan', you obv don't know English if you're 20 something and still say 'congrates'. It's like saying 'heppy bday'. Unforgivable. Absolutely.

5 comments:

Amit J said...

this reminds me of that thing on pune cable's local channel....the happy bday greetings....the song 'heppy heppy bday,to you' in kumar sanu's(i think) soulful and moving voice...any way congrates from your good frand amit for completing 1 year

Harshvardhan Pande said...

thenk eeew my ghood frand!

Harshvardhan Pande said...

abt those ads, if i remember correctly they dont stop at heppy, they also sing 'baaard-de' :D

Vinu Rohit Krishnan said...

Et tu, Prude ?

Blog said...

How about another popular variant "congos" / "congs"