Sunday, August 9, 2009

Covers

I'm a music lover, a lot of my spare time is spent listening to songs - old and new. This post is about two songs which I really like and their covers which are completely new takes on the originals and add to the originals.

1. All along the watchtower - This is one of the most incredibly simple songs, originally composed and sung by Bob Dylan and then covered by Jimi Hendrix. Just thinking about this is makes me envy the people living in the 60's. Imagine the quality of music back then - Jimi Hendrix covering Bob Dylan's song. Amazing!





2. Heartless -Heard this song way back in Jan or something and liked it a lot. Then recently I heard the cover by The Fray, which was a completely different take on the song, acoustic. It's on my playlist as I write this. I don't know how many people are into this type of music, but give it a shot if you have the time.


3 comments:

Ajinkya Kale said...

did you try coldplay, iron maiden and acdc ?

Harshvardhan Pande said...

@Ajinkya - I'm a huge fan of coldplay and have always liked iron maiden. not that big on acdc.

Ajinkya Kale said...

Coldplay are Gods! Hope you checked out the new astonishing video of theirs - the one of Strawberry Swing..