Saturday, February 7, 2009

A beautiful day and those pockets of pure joy



I had a great day today, filled with memorable moments and times that I will cherish for life. I also went to my school after 4 long years... yes, it's been that long since I walked on the school ground, sat on my favorite bench, took guard in front of the tree which we used as the "stumps" for playing cricket, sat near the Gulati Hall, saw some of my favorite school teachers and swore I'd go next as soon as I am done with engineering. It's like an elixir for the soul, visiting places which have only and only got happy memories, people who genuinely like you, people who are proud of you and to get to do all that in the company of someone who is your best friend, is as good as it gets. I had a great day today... St. Vincent's is the best school ever!
It's days like these that make you capable of facing all the hurdles of life, because there are these pockets of pure joy that still exist.

To use a Lord of the Rings reference, places like these are like Lothlorien. You can always come there, weary... tired and leave rejuvenated and full of life. Or you can go there just for the heck of it and remember the never ending set of stories that took place out there. I do have a few more pockets of joy; places which can make my day and now, after today's amazing experience I will go to those pockets more often.

3 comments:

Shantanu said...

way to go dude :)

Rohit said...

So true mann..
Had similar experience when I had gone some months back...
Felt that i had met my best buddies when I sat under the Twin Trees....
----> The Two Trees of Valinor, Telperion (the Silver Tree) and Laurelin (the Gold Tree) they remind off... Taking a cue from your post...

greySith said...

Agree completely... I'd gone a few days ago to meet some of the teachers. There's little joy better than when a teacher recognises you after all these years. I'm really sad about what Goldberg has done there though. He's turned the place that made me what I am today into little better than a Jail.
Damn him to hell.