Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fashion



Here's a movie I'm really looking forward to, not just 'coz Priyanka is looking gorgeous or 'coz it's a movie about fashion models' private [darker ;) ] lives. It's 'coz Madhur Bhandarkar gives his movies a certain edge in terms of the story treatment, so my guess is that it'll be worth watching.




Also, this movie needs to be a hit to turn around what's been a disaster of a year for Priyanka Chopra. Now, the movie has been given an A certificate; not that I have an issue with it, me being an adult and all [what's da point of being an adult if one can't watch movies made for our mature sensibilities ;) ]. But Madhur Bhandarkar seemed pretty upset in an interview. He explained how the movie shouldn't have been given an A rating, since - and I quote - "in today's generation, 10... 11 and 13 year olds are very well advanced"!
Well, he said it! Let's just drop the charade and let all movies be thrown open to all age groups and India will become an advanced country!

Come to think of it, I specifically remember watching Titanic as a kid in 5th or 6th standard; and boy did that movie push the U rating to a new level. Ofcourse I knew what was going on in the car and boy oh boy, was the theatre completely silent in admiration of Leonardo Dicaprio's drawing skills during the scene where Kate asks him to "draw her"! If only art classes in school were as intriguing I'm sure I would've become an artist.

I hope the movie is as good as it looks, only time can tell.


P.S. : Priyanka is also looking pretty hot in Dostana, but then it's got John and Abhishek in it in a story apparently adapted from the pathetic Adam Sandler movie "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry"; so can't really hope for too much out there!

1 comment:

Shantanu said...

Exactly my sentiments too! Let thr b no policing and let the ppl decide AND watch wat they want to!

I hope Fashion turns out to be anothr 'Page 3' rathr than anothr 'Traffic Signal'....and Dostana seems headed for doom for the audience altho m pretty sure it'll make loads of money.... '....Chuck and Larry' was one of the lamest movies ever!And its definitely gonna rub off on the 'lameness' quotient of
Dostana...
But u kno wat....who cares? priyanka looks sizzling hot and thts whr our focus is, will be and shud be :)