Wednesday, July 23, 2008

DreamZS fulfilled

As usual I don't divulge personal details on my blog explicitly; but there's a big enough hint in the title.
It happened for me; just as it did week after week for my other friends. A dream job.
The process started way back on 1st of July with the Apti, whose result was declared only on the 18th.
The rounds were to take place later; meanwhile I sat out a lot of companies, which was a bit of a tough decision. But man, did it pay off!

The rounds were grueling, they were high pressure face offs. The elimination rounds were intense and needed a lot of on the spot thinking. No amount of preparation could have ensured anything. I for one am a supporter of such rounds, because they normalize the situation for us to show our skills and not just mugging up 'Test Your C Skills' [that book has frustrated me big time, so will continue to be pissed off with it till eternity.]

The wait for the results was long, about 20 hours; but when I got that phone call, believe me I was the happiest man in the world.
The rounds were tough, the pressure was intense but i think that's why they call it a dream job; you've got to really earn it. Each person who thus far got a dream or core job totally deserves it; because trust me it needs skill of another level to actually do it on that day! It makes the feeling even more special that after all the waiting, preparation, tests, interviews, skillful answers and soaking all the pressure without showing it ever; you got the just reward.

I must mention a few people who played a very important part in this dream coming true. Firstly and most importantly The Almighty, my family, friends, luck, my brain and last but not the least; the selection panel at the company, who gave me the job ;)

3 comments:

purva said...

well done...congrats...

Rohit Pandharkar said...

Congrats. And I liked the DreamZS parts. Indeed, DreamZS Unlimited :)

Sameer said...

dude you have done it ;)

now have pizzas and cokes everyday....... :D

and i agree with you on the point of on the spot thinking kinda selection rounds.... coz it worked for me too :P