Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thank You VH1 and may all hail Led Zeppelin


VH1, is quite frankly everything an engineer can ask for in his holidays. They care so much about us. I finish my exams and then get a decent result. They reward me by starting "Gods Of Guitar"; featuring all my favorites; Pink Floyd, Mark Knopfler, Jimi Hendrix and above all Led Zeppelin.

When one gets to see all these Legends every night, it's heaven for a rock fan and especially a guitar lover. Today they were playing Led Zeppelin. I've seen the videos of Stairway to Heaven at least a zillion times and yet its not enough, ditto for Kashmir [the song that introduced me to Led Zeppelin]. Hendrix is yet to start, i missed the Jimi Hendrix special last year; but will definitely catch up with it this time.

VH1, thank you so much! In the days of Aaj Tak and Balaji Telefilms, VH1 is the TV God!


P.S. In case you haven't seen any video of Led Zeppelin, these links will help:


Stairway to Heaven
Kashmir

Mark Knopfler's following performance is one of the best live guitar solos ever:
Sultans Of Swing

No comments: