Saturday, March 8, 2008

Trad Day

On Trad Day, that was on 6th March; i was in SIT from 9 am till 5 pm giving a paper presentation with my friend and partner in paper contests H P. Surprising thing is that our team name is perfect HP2 [HP squared] on account of sharing the same initials.
Anyways the dilemma i faced was whether to come for the Trad Day celebrations or not, since i was already massively late. I reached home at 6 pm n was back in COEP. I think i must've tralvelled 45 kms in less than an hour that too in the city traffic.
Anyway for me, Trad Day clothes aren't such an issue i just put on a plain white 'kurta' over my jeans and head off. Then of course, there are those who takes these days very seriously and come decked up like as if it was their wedding day!

Girls in general do dress up for this occasion, in fact its rare to see a girl who isn't all decked up, quite frankly i don't mind. In fact on rare occasion some of them do look good ;) LOL

Then came a very important moment of the day, i decided to throw caution to the winds and entered the dance floor [actually a dance lawn or whatever]. I located my friends quite easily and since it was a free-for-all i just had fun for about half an hour. Songs ranged from downright sucky to decent dance numbers. I felt bad for this one guy who was constantly trying to get everyone to do the move he was doing, but no one was actually following his lead. Dude, maybe next year.
I am no Michael Jackson [and i mean it in every which way] nor a Hrithik Roshan, but i do know how to shake a leg, and that's exactly what i did. Dancing with your friends is quite a bit of fun, especially when none of them care about how the other one is dancing. It's a whole lot of fun.

Then came the usual photo session, and then off i went, my 'kurta' drenched and nearly see-through. Now only if dancing had the same effect on 'saarees' ;)

No comments: